internetworkers - [internetworkers] are there a need for tools to manage textile workers of the future?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Lundgren" <s_l AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] are there a need for tools to manage textile workers of the future?
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 19:07:25 -0500

I appreciate Senor Czeiszperger's own experience and opinions on this and
the quotations from Sponge Bob. Lacking the depth of experience to be a
Software Architect V.022x10^23, the most troubling aspect of not being
employed is the isolation from the day to day problems within a company that
spur the ideas for products for one's own company.

I will assume that at some point at Sun Micheal saw the opportunity for what
became his firm. So to sail into the wind than tack, I open up the
discussion: Are Microsoft Project (or equivalent time/delieverable tracking
software), source version countrol, and email sufficient tools to handle the
communication and process needs that are unique to managing an outsourced
software project ?

- SL