internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] [Not a joke] AOL is suing me!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] [Not a joke] AOL is suing me!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:43:21 -0500

I don't know anything about Amnon and Uzi, only that Nissan Computer Corp was sued by Nissan Motor Corp for ownership of the nissan.com domain.  Uzi was interviewed extensively in the local press about the court battle during and after.  In the end, he retained nissan.com as original domain owner, preventing Nissan Motor from forcibly taking it from him.  But, if used, the site has to be non-commercial in nature per the court order.

I thought the whole thing was bogus b/c Nissan Computer Corp used the domain long before Nissan Motor decided to finally put up a website in mid 90's attempted to co-opt the domain ownership rights as a larger international company.

Bill Geschwind wrote:
I thought it was Uzi Nissan that ran Nissan Computer Corp. If I'm not
mistaken and please correct me if I'm wrong, in the early 90s he ran it
while his brother Amnon ran a separate, computer related business, and I
vaguely remember reading at some point that the two reached some sort of
agreement allowing both to work for Nissan Computer Corp.

- Bill