internetworkers - [internetworkers] radio spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Roger Austin)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] radio spam
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:46:07 -0500

This assumes that you believe what is written in the N&O. Hmmm...

Thomas Beckett wrote:
> This might be a good story for the N&O to pick up. <hint><hint>

I have seen the certifications used in some businesses in looking for
staff. I personally don't think much of them, but many companies use
certifications as part of the winnowing process when they are hiring.
They seem to need something to put down as minimum standards and since
there are so many of these certificates out there, they are willing to
accept them as part of the minimum. So not having the certification can
hurt candidates for certain positions even though anecdotal evidence
would indicate that they are bullshit. Give me someone who has the
experience and background on the shop floor any day over someone who
just has the bookwork and classroom stuff. I would almost rather train
someone from scratch than retrain one of these folks who believe the
certification anoints them with magic oils.