internetworkers - [internetworkers] radio spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Maria C Winslow)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] radio spam
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:12:21 -0500

I absolutely agree with this. I have been in the technical training busin=
ess,=20
and I think these types of "career change" programs are shameful. They in=
deed=20
offer a false hope that their graduates will get unrealistically high-pay=
ing=20
jobs, and that was true even in 2000. Some of them are more like an=20
associate's degree, but others are simply a short series of classes desig=
ned=20
to get a specific certification. The worst part in my opinion, however, i=
s=20
that many of those companies finance the classes. So you end up with peop=
le=20
who can't really afford it owing several thousands of dollars only to fin=
d=20
that employers are less impressed with a certification than they are with=
=20
experience (and more education).

Maria