internetworkers - [internetworkers] [Insensitive Response to:] A sad day for NASA, US and the World

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (David R. Matusiak)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [Insensitive Response to:] A sad day for NASA, US and the World
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 13:52:23 -0500

** don't read any further if you cannot handle gruesome commentary **

please forgive my crass reaction to this new tragedy (which i waited
hours to think about posting), but is this not simply the latest in a
string of horrific events designed to distract the American public from
what greater evil is being fostered in Washington D.C.?

i hate to turn the suffering of victims/families/whatnot into a
political gambit, but i am just too suspicious of our "leadership"
these days.

the reason i decided to send this message ties in closely with what
Salon did post 9/11. they allowed anyone to send in (what were
considered to be) "Taboo reactions" to that tragedy. i don't think
they were released until a year or so afterwards, so there was some
time to cool down. however, as i read thru these peoples comments, i
was at times repulsed by what i read and at other times completely in
agreement with the sentiment of the words of another.

here is my taboo response at 10:08 a.m. (after receiving David's
message):

"Were the crew members Democrats?"

which has grown into "Did any of the crew have Democratic leanings
and/or show promise of being a Democratic leader in the future?"

this is not that far-fetched, considering the spotlight that John Glenn
(and others, like Neil Armstrong) have garnered in the past.

Please remember the late Senator Paul Wellstone while attempting to
keep all this in perspective. <
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=14399 >

notice how the white house and DoD are adamantly rushing to assure the
public that "this was DEFINITELY NOT an act of terrorism." is that
them simply not wanting to lose credit for their violent actions to
some lesser terrorist group like Hamas or El Queso?

My heart goes out to those suffering and mourning, but i'm afraid i
have lost my personal capacity to mourn any more. now i just want
answers. in a fashion very similar to a CPU, i only want validated
incoming data. there is no time to get hung up on emotional processes.
there is no time to suffer the distractions of our Televised World.

they have reached such a level of control and sophistication that "The
Truth" will soon be so deeply buried that even archeologists a thousand
years from now will NOT be able to discover the perpetrators of such
atrocities.

please do not waste your time attempting to paint me as some whacko
conspiracy theorist. if that were the case, i'd be trying to show you
that the crew of the Columbia included the "First Israeli in Space" and
that the wreckage fell predominantly in the area of Palestine, TX.

EOF