internetworkers - [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Edward Wesolowski)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...
  • Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 11:13:08 -0500

Good point, David. But there's a class aspect the Business Week article notes:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_05/b3818001.htm
"Until now, the adverse impact of free trade has been confined largely to
blue-collar workers. But if more politically powerful middle-class
Americans take a hit as white-collar jobs move offshore, opposition to free
trade could broaden."
It's probably an inevitable trend, but it's disturbing, I mean, being able
to coordinate activities from here in China or India, or Budapest.
Ed W.