internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] More News from Franklin St.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] More News from Franklin St.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:13:59 -0500

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 06:10:34PM -0500, zman spoke thusly:
> I beg to differ. All three in the Electric Co. closed (five-o, the
> hideaway, and kelly's). The Comet has been getting grief from the city, so

Which, I'll add sucks. I really liked the five-O, even though I
didn't get to spend much time in it in recent years. It was one of the
better bars on Hillsboro when it opened back in the day, and was still
pretty damn good the last time I was in it before it closed.

> far 2 tickets for Entertainment License violations. The building that
> Pantana's Saloon is in is marked for demolition so they can make way for
> more University Towers. I would definately say the bars are NOT surviving.

Well, except Mitch's - but that's not a huge surprise. I've never been
a huge fan of that establishment, and my opinion of the owne seems to
degrade a little each year. but that's just me....

--
-- Kevin Sonney --