internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] still no power from CP&L....

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] still no power from CP&L....
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:24:10 -0500 (EST)

It usually has to do with the transformer you are attatched to. Our house
and the next were on the same transformer, hence we both had not regained
power after they fixed the rest of the street. They had to come back out
and fix our transformer (it's in the back yard on a seperate pole). So if
you trace your lines your probably notice how your grouped.

By the way Steve, Gibbon got backup yesterday.

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 burnett AT pobox.com wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:08:46 -0800 (PST) David Wagoner
> > <dbwagoner AT yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > They have been stressing on the radio the last
> > > couple of days that some types of damage (e.g.,
> > > electrical connections to the house, etc.) are
> > > the homeowner's responsibility
> >
> > A Progress Energy linesman was nice enough
> > to inspect the aerial drop and check our
> > breaker. No damage and the breaker was on.
> >
> > The latest promises have been, in the order
> > that we've received them:
> >
> > 1) A crew is in front of your house right
> > now;
> > 2) By 10:00 p.m. tonight;
> > 3) By midnight tonight;
> > 4) Oh wait, I meant by 10:00 p.m. tonight;
> > 5) By Thursday.
> >
> > Oh well, since we plan to stay in the house
> > a while, and CP&L will be our power company
> > for a while, who can recommend a good
> > generator?
>
> We lost power at 1am Wednesday night. The rest of the neighborhood
> (1/2mile from Crabtree Mall) had power Sunday night, but the three houses
> at the end of my street (including mine) were still dark. Mike, when you
> posted earlier about being a cluster of three houses in Raleigh in a
> neighborhood with restored power, I had to look and check you hadn't moved
> in across the street without me noticing :).
>
> My next door neighbor had a city inspection required on Monday before
> they'd consent to turn his power back on when the lines are repaired.They
> just fixed the lines a half-hour ago, so now I can quit camping in my
> friend's basement.
>
> We're already figuring where the generator needs to go in the house for
> the next winter storm.
>
> CP&L's automated system kept calling me back every day asking if I had had
> power restored and I kept choosing "no", but I never got through to a
> human being the entire time.
>
> --
> Steve Burnett burnett AT pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
> System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
scott AT thehellbenders.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1951 Kaiser Henry J (4" chop, 60's custom front end, bellybutton)
1958 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight (2dr., 371 Rocket)