internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] still no power from CP&L....

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Wagoner <dbwagoner AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] still no power from CP&L....
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:08:46 -0800 (PST)

They have been stressing on the radio the last couple of days that some types of damage (e.g., electrical connections to the house, etc.) are the homeowner's responsibility and require the services of a licensed electrician before they will attempt to turn service back on.  Make sure that your house doesn't appear to have this type of damage.

FYI, a crew of about 5 guys came and chainsawed all of the leaning pine trees between my house (in Cary) and the street today.  I heard them say to each other that anything leaning toward the road has got to go.  Saved me a lot of work this weekend.  Too bad they didn't take the ones that are leaning on my fence.

Hope you get electricity soon.  I've got a guest room and hot shower with your name on it if you need it.

david

 "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com> wrote:

Hey,

I'm in Raleigh, but still without power. We
call the number for CP&L every day. All of
our neighbors have power -- we are in a
pocket of 3 houses without.

Just wondering if anyone out there has
any advice for dealing with CP&L. Their
story yesterday was that everyone in
Raleigh would be turned on by midnight
last night.

...I know someone has to be the last house
in Raleigh to be turned on, I'm just hoping
it's not us...

David Wagoner
dbwagoner AT yahoo.com

Do you Yahoo!?