internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] still no power from CP&L....

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] still no power from CP&L....
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:19:31 -0500

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:08:46 -0800 (PST) David Wagoner <dbwagoner AT yahoo.com>
wrote:

> They have been stressing on the radio the last
> couple of days that some types of damage (e.g.,
> electrical connections to the house, etc.) are
> the homeowner's responsibility

A Progress Energy linesman was nice enough
to inspect the aerial drop and check our
breaker. No damage and the breaker was on.

The latest promises have been, in the order
that we've received them:

1) A crew is in front of your house right
now;
2) By 10:00 p.m. tonight;
3) By midnight tonight;
4) Oh wait, I meant by 10:00 p.m. tonight;
5) By Thursday.

Oh well, since we plan to stay in the house
a while, and CP&L will be our power company
for a while, who can recommend a good
generator?

BTW, thanks for all of the kind offers for
beds/showers. We've already made arrangements.

Cheers!