internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] anyone see the Bush speech?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: dan charlson <charlson AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] anyone see the Bush speech?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:24:26 -0400

Actually, I think Josep's point here is quite valid -- have you ever
hiked through the Rhododendron "hells" up in the Appalachians, with all
their little hidden caves? A lot of those areas probably look now like
they did back in the 13th century. Many of the locals weren't/aren't
especially cooperative with the Feds looking for Rudolph, either, and
after some two years of intense searching, the Fibbies all but gave up
and pulled out of the area. Part of Josep's point, I think, is that bin
Laden could blend into the area, like Rudolph could blend into his own
area; if OBL and ERR were each to move into a "modernized" locale they
weren't so familiar with, I think in few weeks they would be found. The
similarity of the two situations is quite interesting.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if OBL was Food for Scorpions in the
rubble of some Afghani cave and his body was never recovered -- and
though the Air Force wasn't dropping any "Daisy Cutters" on caves in
western NC, I also think it's quite possible that ERR is taking the
Eternal Dirt Nap in some little cave, too, and will not ever be found.

Of course, with each of them knowing their respective terrain intimately
and having friends/supporters in the area, it's also possible that
they're both still around...

-dan

on 10/9/02 3:15 PM, Willis Erin wrote:
>RE:
>> In a western country? a few weeks. In an area
>> that looks much like 13th
>> century? who knows. Specially when the locals are
>> not co-operative and
>> US operatives were removed from the area long ago."
>
>Our government couldn't/can't find Eric Rudolph...so I
>would say the above point has little validity.

-- -
dan charlson <charlson AT mindspring.com>
http://www.danorama.com
"Giving money and power to the government is like
giving car keys and whisky to teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke