internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] anyone see the Bush speech?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Wolfe, Joanna" <wolfe AT oup-usa.org>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] anyone see the Bush speech?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:10:52 -0400

> ----------

Hmm
I saw it - sort of - I was in the other room on the computer writing my
congressional representatives
> does anyone have an opinion?
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer and as such
should not be taken to represent them
> do you want to go to war?
Does anyone?
> do you think it would help anything?
Please, without the allies, the majority of the US population and the greater
world community? Besides, don't we have enough economic problems?
> do you think we are being provided sufficient information to
> debate/decide as a people?
Nothing that they really want us to know
> do you think?
I do - for myself.

> Stephen Zunes was not convinced by the rhetoric.
>
> from <http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=14255>
> "President Bush Fails to Make His Case
> By Stephen Zunes, Foreign Policy in Focus
> October 8, 2002
>
> Given what is at stake, one would have thought that the administration
> would have made a stronger case for going to war than President George
> W. Bush did on Monday evening."

Given what is at stake, you would think that he would address us from the
white house and not from somewhere with a captive audience and an applause
sign.

It's the economy stupid, not the war.
joanna wolfe

they are my opinions, and mine alone.