internetworkers - [internetworkers] Wiping an OS off a PC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kate Johnson <johnk AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Wiping an OS off a PC
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

I am planning to wipe Windows ME off a Dell box I purchased and install
Win 2000. After that, install RH Linux and begin the dual boot adventure.

What is the cleanest and most efficient way to wipe a OS off a PC and
ready it for another OS install? Tips and pointers to info would be
appreciated.

Given my experience with ME, I really want to take the PC into a big
grassy field and shot it, but that does not fall under the "cleanest" and
"efficient" categories. "Damn emotionally satisfying" category yes.

TIA,
Kate