internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] getting kosher

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: InternetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] getting kosher
  • Date: 21 Aug 2002 21:16:50 -0400

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 19:01, Steven Champeon wrote:
> I remember a lunch room incident back in the day where somewhere was
> asking "what makes a kosher pickle kosher?" and my friend Steve stopped
> at the door on the way out to smoke and suggested:
>
> "it was killed with a very sharp knife?"

In all seriousness, on the "American Pickle" episode of "Good Eats"
(EA1C07, last aired on 8/17) Alton Brown defined a kosher dill as a sour
dill pickle with garlic. That's the big difference - garlic.

FYI - I'm going to try his pickle recipes when I have some time. They
looks yummy.

--
-- Kevin Sonney --