internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Morris <scmorris AT ifndef.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:59:46 -0500 (CDT)

> I ordered my first wireless laptop computer and was wondering if there's
> any
> public places around here where you can access a network? I'd heard that
> some
> coffee shops, for example, have wireless networks, but how do you know
> which
> ones? (I live in Chapel Hill and work in N. Raleigh)
>
> The specific laptop I'm getting is a Powerbook G4, and I'm trying to decide
> on
> the OS. I'm using Linux right now, and have the option of either using some
> of the same Linux programs on OSX (like KDE) or just installing a Linux
> distribution...

rumor has it you can sit in the barnes and noble coffie shop at southpoint
mall and get wireless signal from the apple store next door.

this seems like a good time to mention:
http://www.blackbeltjones.com/warchalking/index2.html

--
Scott Morris scmorris AT ifndef.com
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult.