internetworkers - Re: Car shopping *NOW WITH long rant!!*

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Morris <scmorris AT ifndef.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Car shopping *NOW WITH long rant!!*
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:56:21 -0500 (CDT)

> lastly, Scott - i would love to know why you are "reprogramming the
> computer on
> your WRX all the time." based upon your answer, i may be demoting the WRX
> in my
> rankings. sorry for the verbose nature of this email, but...

the computer has a strange attachment to your catalytic converters.
when you take them out it misses them terribly and throws a cat
efficentcy CEL. and before you get upset about air quality and blame the
smog on me the WRX has 3 cats... i only took out the one in the uppipe
because.. well... a cat that might come apart that close to my turbo
struck me as a really bad idea.

and by "all the time" i mean i've done it before, a couple of times. i
didn't mean for it to sound like i do this on a daily basis. sorry to
exaggerate.

--
Scott Morris
scmorris AT ifndef.com