internetworkers - Re: Car shopping *NOW WITH long rant!!*

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mike Johnson <mike AT enoch.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Car shopping *NOW WITH long rant!!*
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:16:07 -0400

David R. Matusiak [matusiak AT speakeasy.net] wrote:

> lastly, Scott - i would love to know why you are "reprogramming the
> computer
> on your WRX all the time." based upon your answer, i may be demoting the
> WRX
> in my rankings. sorry for the verbose nature of this email, but...

I dunno why he's doing it, but it doesn't -need- to be done. The thing
learns driving habits real well and some people think that more power
can be had be re-setting the ECU so it forgets about all that slow,
bumper to bumper traffic.

There have been some dyno numbers that show different power output
before and after an ECU reset.

Soon to be WRX owner,
Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you! Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
-- Zorak on Space Ghost

GNUPG Key fingerprint = ACD2 2F2F C151 FB35 B3AF C821 89C4 DF9A 5DDD 95D1