internetworkers - Re: Car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Wolfe, Joanna" <wolfe AT oup-usa.org>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Car shopping
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:09:05 -0400

Okay, I'll throw in something here.
I purchased a Saturn in 1992 - it was the easiest purchase I ever had.
I had no problems with the car until 2000 when it wouldn't pass inspection
due to a bad cylinder.
I got eight good years from that car - I loved my car - and retired it with
168,000 miles.

When I bought my Honda CR-V I bought it using an online service and got it
for less than I was
quoted online. I really like my CR-V and am very pleased with it.

So I think that it is all dependent upon the car you purchase.
If the car is well made, you going to get a good car.
If the are isn't from a line reputed for reliability you won't.
The money you spend purchasing the car is nothing if you have to spend equal
amounts maintaining the car.

Regards,

Joanna

Joanna Wolfe