internetworkers - Re: Car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Car shopping
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:15:54 -0400

On Thursday 27 June 2002 10:29 am, you wrote:
> Am I glad I bought a Saturn? Yes. Even with all it's faults,
> it was the best domestic built car at the time. Would I buy
> another one? Probably not. I don't particularly care for their
> new body style and the entire culture at the main plant that
> allowed them to design good cars in the first place has been
> thrown out and made just like all the other GM plants. :-(

I currently drive a '96 Saturn SW2 station wagon with 120K miles on it, and
am
planning on driving it for quite a while yet. Everything you said about
Saturns fits with my experience. I too, have no plans to purchase another
Saturn because of the changes to the GM style plants.

According to Consumer Reports, the older Saturns have average repair rates,
as
compared to the older Hondas which have better than average repair rates. The
interesting thing is the new '02 Saturns get much lower maintenance ratings
than the older models when they were new, and the "expected reliability"
rating is the second lowest.

--
Michael Czeiszperger
czei AT webperformanceinc.com