internetworkers - Re: New Topic - how not to design an e commerce/registration tool

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New Topic - how not to design an e commerce/registration tool
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:13:26 -0400

>After spending the better part of an hour trying to place an order with
Oracle, I can tell you this -
>You really have to want Oracle's product to put up with their interface.

<rant>
Try writing a book on one of their technologies and having to put up with
their search engine. It bites. I'm soooo glad most of my research is done.

The sad thing is that I know that a better search engine can be written with
Oracle because I've written one that is in production now -- 15+ years of a
daily newspaper, full boolean searching and filtering based on fields, such as
headline, lead, section, etc.

Their technology totally rocks but you wouldn't know it from the experience at
their web site.
</rant>