internetworkers - Re: New Topic - how not to design an e commerce/registration tool

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Diana Duncan" <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New Topic - how not to design an e commerce/registration tool
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:00:26 -0400

What's weird about that is...the search engine they use on their support
site (metalink) rocks. When the site works at all, that is...but yes, the
searches on technet.oracle.com and www.oracle.com suck.

I find the difficulty with ordering from their website hysterical, but
completely in form. Oracle have *never* made it easy to order their
software, from arcane and confusing pricing to bizarre bundling and let's
not forget installations that basically require someone like me! (Oracle
DBA and developer for about 10 years now).

Ordering from CA is worse, though.

Diana