internetworkers - Re: Potential July Gathering (was: Re: dotcom bummer)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Potential July Gathering (was: Re: dotcom bummer)
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:18:43 -0400

El dia Dimarts 14 Maig 2002 08:23, no tenies res mes que fer i vas i m'envies
aquest e-mail:
> > A Dilluns 13 Maig 2002 11:32 pm, vàreu escriure:

> > > A bus would be fine to get us to Holly Springs and back,
> > > but it would still not solve the 'designated driver' problem

> > Note the part where I say "...a bus with a driver..."

> I did note that, but a bus "with a driver" will only take you to a
> drop-off point. People would still have to drive themselves from this
> drop-off point back home, and a bus ride is not enough time to sober up
> to drive home safely.

Well, this depends on the level of intoxication. I like to drink beer, wine,
spirits... to enjoy the taste, aromas, colours and, yes, the warm feeling.
But I do not drink to get drunk. You don't enjoy as much if you get drunk. So
I intend to balance my beer intake so I will be sober when I am back at the
parkling lot by my car... or I will be responsible enough to go for a
coffee/call a taxi.

And I believe that we are all grown ups here, so we can be responsible as
well. Or designate a not-to-get-absolutely-smahed driver to share the ride
from home to the pick up area.

> I am not aware of charter companies that will
> drive all over the triangle to pick up and drop off a bunch of people at
> their respective houses. If you could find one that did, I'm sure it
> would be prohibitively expensive.

> - Bill

We just need a (or a couple of) LZ , with a parking lot, near a coffe place,
and close to a major highway. Like, say, the shopping center in Chapel Hill
at I-40/ US (NC?)-86. There's an ample parking lot, a Cup-a-joe... I'm sure
that there's such a similar place around Raleigh/Cary. So it's 3 stops:
Orange County, Raleigh-Cary and CBC.

Whatdoyousay?

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, QA-Test Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/