internetworkers - Re: Potential July Gathering (was: Re: dotcom bummer)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Potential July Gathering (was: Re: dotcom bummer)
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:17:17 -0400

A Dilluns 13 Maig 2002 03:55 pm, vàreu escriure:
> And as Mike Thomas pointed out earlier, the July event would fall on
> July 4th. We don't think many folks are interested in this date, so
> we went searching for solutions. The beautiful and talented Emily
> suggested

The beautiful and talented Emily (M.S.L.S.), whom I have right here,
tells me that Chuck (a new fellow InterNetworker) had the original
idea. But the beautiful, talented and masterful Emily doesn't mind to
take the credit if Chuck doesn't claim it *grin*

> that we all go out on a Saturday for the Carolina Brewing
> Company's Brew Tour. hrrmmm.... beer, sun, weekend... might be hard
> to get some geeks interested in that?!?!? Maybe not! Either way, I'm
> throwing this one out for discussion. Please send your thoughts --
> even if they are not related to this event! ;)

My thoughts:

The idea is more than great. On July 4th, Rush is playing at Raleigh.
Anyone wants to go?

How expensive would be to rent a bus with a driver to ship and return
us from the Triangle to The CBC ?

Salut,
Josep
--