internetworkers - Potential July Gathering (was: Re: dotcom bummer)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Potential July Gathering (was: Re: dotcom bummer)
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:55:28 -0700 (PDT)

And as Mike Thomas pointed out earlier, the July event would fall on July
4th.
We don't think many folks are interested in this date, so we went searching
for
solutions. The beautiful and talented Emily suggested that we all go out on a
Saturday for the Carolina Brewing Company's Brew Tour. hrrmmm.... beer, sun,
weekend... might be hard to get some geeks interested in that?!?!? Maybe
not!
Either way, I'm throwing this one out for discussion. Please send your
thoughts
-- even if they are not related to this event! ;)

We would like to push the July meeting back to the following Saturday, July
13th, 2002. Tours start at 1:00 p.m. Whaddya think? Here is some background
info:

CBC home page <http://www.carolinabrew.com/index.html>

from
<http://realbeer.com/cgi-bin/realbeer/search/brewtour.cgi?types=B:M:R:N:T&state=NC>
Carolina Brewing Company
140 Thomas Mill Rd.
Holly Springs, North Carolina 27540
Phone: (919) 557-2337
Fax: (919) 557-2338
Brewer: John Shuck

commentary from spectator
<http://www.spectatoronline.com/1999/040399/notebook3.html>

yahoo map
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?&Pyt=Tmap&addr=140+Thomas+Mill+Rd.&csz=Holly+Springs,+NC+27540>

m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t