internetworkers - Re: RTP Pub?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: RTP Pub?
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:22:19 -0400

A Dilluns 13 Maig 2002 06:34 pm, vàreu escriure:
> Howdy,

Hi

> If there's one thing that I think the internetworkers can be counted
> on for, it's recommendations for good bars/pubs.

hehehe

> I want to set up a happy hour for my team at work and need a
> recommendation for a good hangout in RTP. I figure that good bars are
> hard to find in RTP. But I figure if I try to hold it in
> Raleigh/cary/durham, etc, folks won't come.

> So how about it folks? Where's the best place for an after-work drink
> in RTP?

I like the Flying Saucer in Raleigh for the amount of beers-in-tap and
excellent wings.

I also like W.B. Yeats Irish pub in Chapel Hill. Just for drinkin' in
an Irish place, although the music is not usualy Irish a all. In the
summertime (do we qualify now with this heat?) they open "the patio" or
"pub in the street". Surely there are better (Irish/Scottish/English)
pubs around, but I just don't know them -yet-.

My 2 cents.
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve