internetworkers - Re: MS Goes After Schools Evaluating Linux

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MS Goes After Schools Evaluating Linux
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:26:20 -0400

Avui, Dimecres 24 Abril 2002 03:1215pm, no tenies res mes que fer i vas i
m'envies aquest e-mail:
> > Here again we hit the staff rub - no the IT staff, but the general
> > staff. They'll need some training as well. Plans will have to be made to
> > get them up to speed: space located, classes scheduled, trainers found,
>
> Hmm. You've not read Robin Miller's piece on the transition made from a
> Windows XX environment to a 100% Linux/KDE environment in Largo,
> Florida. Robin says it much more eloquently than I can in the original
> story :
>

> http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/08/10/1441239&mode=thread

Don't forget my very own article:

http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/03/07/1545228

And also, one experiment in a poor Spanish region (Extremadura):
http://babelfish.altavista.com/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linex.org%2Fmodules.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D25&lp=es_en&tt=url&urltext=&doit=done

(the original, in
Spanish:http://www.linex.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25 )

Although, where it says "What insolent!" it should say "How cool!" . Y'know,
those automated translations.

See, it is not that difficult. And those kids are using Debian, one of the
"hardest" and less "user-friendly" to install.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, QA-Test Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/