internetworkers - Re: static ip

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: static ip
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:42:28 -0400

A Dimarts 16 Abril 2002 09:41 am, vàreu escriure:
> I am trying to get my own email server and web page up
> but I cant find anyone to give me a static ip address.
> I am doing this for learning purposes but to make
> things easier on myself. Any thoughts on how I might
> get an ip address here in Raleigh. I am looking for
> new cable modem or DSL currently.

If you are willing to go dynamic IP address, I recommend
http://www.dnsalias.net

They offer several services, domain names and whatnot, for free and for
money, depending on what you want.

I have the free option, with a name that I like: sal10000.dnsalias.net

No, there's no webserver there (...now). But it is enough to provide me
with an ssh address easy to remember...ah! wonderfull ssh tunneling of
X apps!

Salut,
Josep
--