internetworkers - Re: static ip

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Neal <webdeveloper02 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: static ip
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 06:53:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Spencer,

I can't speak for DSL... but for Cable-Modems, if you use Road-Runner / TWC
they offer static IPs,
but only as part of the "Business Class" service: http://www.twcbroadband.com/

It's supposedly somewhat simular to regular home-use, only they allow you to
keep the same IP(s).

As a side note, at home, using RR, I've had the same IP for months on end..
they don't revoke them
very often if your connection stays live the whole time ;o)

- Neal