internetworkers - Re: static ip

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chuck Morford <chuckmorford AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: static ip
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:06:28 -0700 (PDT)

I use DNYDNS.ORG
I have a Netgear router which reports the new address to DYNDNS automatically.
I believe there is also a way to do this with software on the server...

It's free if you use the DYNDNS.ORG domain, a small fee if you want to
register
your own domain...

Here's the link:
http://www.dyndns.org

--- David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com> wrote:
> You can always go the dynamic DNS route. Depending on your situation, there
> are a number of different solutions that I am sure people on the list will
> recommend.
>
> David
>
> On 4/16/02 9:41 AM, "Spencer Plantier" <spencer_plantier AT yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get my own email server and web page up
> > but I cant find anyone to give me a static ip address.
> > I am doing this for learning purposes but to make
> > things easier on myself. Any thoughts on how I might
> > get an ip address here in Raleigh. I am looking for
> > new cable modem or DSL currently.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > =====
> > Spencer Plantier
> > Internet Solutions Engineer
> > Cell 919-696-8848

> > Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
> > http://taxes.yahoo.com/
> >
> > ---
> > Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> > You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: dminton AT mindspring.com
> > $subst('Email.Unsub')

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: chuckmorford AT yahoo.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')