internetworkers - Re: Cool Restaurants?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cool Restaurants?
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:45:31 -0400

I would have to agree that Pop's can be hit or miss on the indoor seating.
Sometimes it does get a bit- cramped. As for midrange Italian in Durham,
that's a hard one. I haven't found anywhere I'd be willing to recommend
yet. I did read in the Indy this week that there's a new place opening in
the converted warehouse area near downtown, owned by the same folks who run
BlueCorn, doing traditional Italian. I have no idea what their prices will
be like, though. It should be good- the only reason BlueCorn didn't make it
onto my list for Josep is it's not very romantic!

hungry now-
Paula

Sarah Ovenall

<sovenall@nc. To: InterNetWorkers

rr.com>
<internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
cc:

10/08/01 Subject: [internetworkers] Re:
Cool
05:23 PM Restaurants?

Please

respond to

InterNetWorke

rs

For me, Pop's has great food but a terrible atmosphere -- every time
I've been there it's been cramped and noisy. One time we sat outside
& the experience was much more pleasant.

I like Aurora in Chapel Hill for special occasions, but it's
definitely not "reasonably priced."

Is there a good mid-range Italian restaurant in Durham? By mid range
I mean, better than the Italian Pizzeria but not as expensive as
Pop's.

yours, Sarah (another semi-lurker)