internetworkers - Re: Cool Restaurants?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kristen James Eberlein" <kristeneberlein AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Rebecca Postupack-Slifer" <rpslifer AT us.ibm.com>
  • Subject: Re: Cool Restaurants?
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:22:50 -0400

Ah, you're thinking of Tosca Restaurante. I ate there right after they
opened--I live nearby in Old North Durham--and had a superb piece of red
snapper served over garlic mashed potatoes with broccoli rape. Wow. I have
no clue, however, if it was at all representative; my dining companion that
evening ended up with some pretty mediocre pasta.

But for the best in the Triangle, especially Durham . . . Don't miss
Magnolia Grill and Four Square.

And remember to go and simply eat at the bar at Pop's . . . Split the
enormous bowl of mussels or their house antipasto dish. (And for those that
appreciate male pulchritude, the bartender is quite a dish!)

K., the perennial glutton