internetworkers - Re: Cool Restaurants?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cool Restaurants?
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:07:37 -0400

At the risk of duplicating the effort of the various "best of" lists
already posted, may I recommend the following from my personal list of
favorites:

Anotherthyme, Durham - a bit costly, but marvelous atmosphere, great food,
fine wine.
Pop's Trattoria, Durham - similar comments, except that the seating is a
bit snug with your neighbors
Spotted Dog, Carrboro - fun & friendly, yet a little romantic, as well.
More two-person tables than anywhere I've been in a long time! Note: the
beer-battered fries, while not exactly a delicacy, are amazing. ;-)
Margaret's, Chapel Hill - semi-upscale Mexican (i.e.not El Anythingo!),
cozy without being intimidating.

and for the finishing touch on your evening:
Silk Road Tea House - the exotic atmosphere and lounging cushions are
fabulous to set a mood. and the tea's great, too!
Mad Hatter Bake Shop, Durham - anyplace that can put three different kinds
of chocolate into one cake is guaranteed to go over well.

Congratulations, and happy dining.
Paula, the semi-lurker