internetworkers - Re: Microsoft (blah blah) + SHOES

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep Lluís Guallar Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Microsoft (blah blah) + SHOES
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:01:44 -0400

A Dimecres 29 Agost 2001 01:05 pm, vàreu escriure:
> I also don't think that NS 4.x is so far from "au currant" that web sites
> should be completely incompatible with it. Which was my orginal point:
> I can't believe the LaTimes site (major site with a wide-ranging audience
> whose purpose is *not* to demo the most up-to-date technology) crashes my
> browser with NS 4.x. I'd feel differently if it were a site dedicated to
> new technology, but the LaTimes should be at least a little bit
> backwards-compatible, IMHO.

> YMMV, of course, but as a former Web Site manager, I always made sure my
> sites were at least two major versions backward compatible.

Maybe you can get a consulting job with the UK Government: They have rool out
a site, to inform their citizens about important stuff... that only works
with IExplorer 5.5!!!

Yes, no Mac, no Linux, no Windows w/o IE 5.5 can access the website.

Isn't that beautiful? At least, my own website is accessible with text-based
browsers or IExplorer or Mozilla or Netscape or ... But maybe I am misguided
and what I should do is "Konqueror 2.2 only" websites.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve