internetworkers - Re: Microsoft (blah blah) + SHOES

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Microsoft (blah blah) + SHOES
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:16:24 -0400

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 01:05:28PM -0400, Gina Norman spoke thusly:
> I also don't think that NS 4.x is so far from "au currant" that web sites
> should be completely incompatible with it. Which was my orginal point:
> I can't believe the LaTimes site (major site with a wide-ranging audience
> whose purpose is *not* to demo the most up-to-date technology) crashes my
> browser with NS 4.x. I'd feel differently if it were a site dedicated to
> new technology, but the LaTimes should be at least a little bit
> backwards-compatible, IMHO.

or the way microsoft.com is unviewable with IE 2.0 (the default on
older NT4 installs).

I am not making this up. I installed a pre-SP3 NT4 (original CD
pressing), updated to SP4 (still with IE2) and cannot view
http://www.microsoft.com/ - unles I install Mozilla or netscape.

fools. *grin*

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- New email : alchemist AT darkcanvas.com --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --
-- ICQ: 4855069 AIM: ksonney --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
-- Berkley Breathed, 2001