internetworkers - Re: New WUNC schedule

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New WUNC schedule
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:55:20 -0400

Well, actually, there is a dance music show M-TR evenings on WKNC, which
many people I know listen to quite frequently. I was not in any way
implying WUNC should have stayed with classical; in fact, I've wished for
years that they would change. I was only thinking they should have
investigated offering a much broader range of Triangle-unheard music...
that could be anything from modern lounge (eg Thievery Corp) to, yes, polka
(go Brave Combo!) ;-). And I can't buy the assertions that 1) no one
would listen and support it or 2) it would cost lots of money to produce
the shows.
And I have made a 303 thump, but it does take some work, or a hammer. ;-)

PC
who just sent 10 pairs of perfectly good shoes to Goodwill
and is using company-standard Netscape 4.73 on NT.
(I am paying attention)

Simon Spero

<ses AT tipper.oi To: InterNetWorkers

t.unc.edu>
<internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
cc:

08/29/01 01:41 Subject: [internetworkers] Re:
New WUNC
PM schedule

Please respond

InterNetWorker

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> non-commercial format. Is not the fundamental idea of PUBLIC radio to be
> an alternative to COMMERCIAL radio? So that the public is offered an

I thought the idea was to play stuff that people wanted to listen to.
Since there are already other radio stations playing classical music in
the area, the old format wasn't offering any real alternative; that being
the case, wouldn't it be better for WUNC to switch to a 24-hour dance
music format- a niche completely empty within the triangle. Sure the
audience size would be about 1000 people, but...

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
$subst('Email.Unsub')