internetworkers - Re: New WUNC schedule

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New WUNC schedule
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:35:55 -0400

I have to agree with Paula on everything she's said about the change
in
WUNC. Rather than launch into a major rant on the subject, I'll just
say that WUNC used to be a very community-oriented radio station. Now
it is simply Generic Public Radio, "Your NPR Station". Back Porch Music
is the only local-origin programming left.

I love WNCW and listen whenever I'm in the mountains, wish our station
here could be like that.

"Back Porch Music" on Friday and Saturday nights is terrific,
however.
If anyone on this list is contemplating a donation to WUNC, I urge you
to earmark your gift for support of local-origin music programming
only.

TaB