internetworkers - RE: MS How-To-Disable Smart Tags

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: MS How-To-Disable Smart Tags
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:08:41 -0400

Hi Paula,

Do you think that the majority of users are going to write their own Smart
Tags? I don't think they will, which leaves them with MS's set of Smart
Tags.

To go back to your Wall St. Journal analogy, with the default set of smart
tags it wouldn't be like you highlighting items in your paper at all, it
would be more like if someone came along before you got your paper and
marked it up with their ads and highlights without paying the publisher of
the paper for the advertising space.

Robert Weeks

Partner - Technology
DesignHammer Media Group, LLC