internetworkers - Re: basic computer documentation

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Beth Ellison" <leonardbernst55 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: basic computer documentation
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:30:45 -0400

William Johnson wrote:

I'd say...
"mouse, disk, modem, connection, browser, icon, and menu"
are essential to sending email.
It seems
"boot, desktop, desktop theme, etiquette, cut and paste,
screen savers, the third mouse button, and saving/naming files"
could be wait until after emailing confidence is won.

Yep. All of these things are in there in appropriate/obvious categories. And honestly, the chances that someone who doesn't even know what a mouse is will try to tackle Linux are pretty slim. I'm just adding this stuff as an appendix *just in case.*

Yes, I'm picking nits.

I'll say! And I appreciate it. I've had nothing but constructive and useful feedback to my original post on this topic. I appreciate the input tremendously. Your comments specifically are making me want to take a very close look at the structure/presentation of this appendix. Thank you.

Beth