internetworkers - RE: basic computer documentation

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: jcuthrell AT ixl.com
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: basic computer documentation
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:26:03 -0400

Idea... since I assume this is accessible via Internet connected web
browsers:

You could always pitch something like an agreement with former NCSU
instructor Marshall "i can do hash tables in my head faster than you"
Brain's How Stuff Works vs. trying to recreate the Pentium.

i.e. every single reference to a computer part or terminology is hyperlinked
to something relevant on hsw or has a secondary link to something on
whatis.com if hsw doesn't have it.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/category.htm?cat=Comp

Any references to Linux on hsw end up at Red Hat anyways
;)

-Jay