internetworkers - Re: Florida elections?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Florida elections?
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 13:51:56 -0500

At 01:32 PM 11/9/00 -0500, Simon Spero wrote:
>--On Thursday, November 9, 2000 12:57 PM -0500
>Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
>
>> -who thinks all those 96,844 people who voted for Nader in Florida should
>> be royally bitch-slapped.
>
>"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish
>the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams

Agreed, but you really have to know what your principles are telling
you to do. If I know that the candidate I believe to be the purest
has no chance of winning, and I have the option of voting for a
candidate who can get elected and who, while not the purest
distillation of Everything I Want My Politician To Be, is never
the less a *good* candidate and a very acceptable alternative to
The Great Evil Who Is The Other, *my* principles tell me to vote
for the candidate who can get elected rather than ignore practical
considerations and help elect someone whose every view is diametrically
opposed to my own and whose every word makes my stomach lurch with
disgust.

[snip]
> but
>you're not going to see Bush appoint a Supreme Court to overturn Roe Vs.
>Wade either.

Don't bet your retirement on it.

Ciao -
Rachel
-down with Paula on the bitch-slapping issue

Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
512 Brickhaven Drive, Suite 260 | Raleigh, NC 27606
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/