internetworkers - Re: Florida elections?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael S Czeiszperger <czei AT webperfcenter.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • Subject: Re: Florida elections?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:28:13 -0500

On Thursday 09 November 2000 10:05, Steven Champeon wrote:
> Here's what I came up with:
>
> http://hesketh.com/schampeo/buchanan/buch1.gif
> http://hesketh.com/schampeo/buchanan/buch2.gif
> http://hesketh.com/schampeo/buchanan/buch3.gif
> http://hesketh.com/schampeo/buchanan/buch4.gif

Nice graphs! The overall problem with the count is if the margin is very,
very small it means people are going to be looking for things that normally
would have been overlooked in a normal election. The big thing in my mind is
the reported 19,000 disqualified votes in the county in which it is claimed
that people mistakenly voted for Buchanan, and then punched the second hole
for Gore, thus having their entire ballot thrown out. (As being claimed by
Rep. Wexler this morning.) Having a potential of 19,000 missing votes is a
pretty big deal to me, especially having heard an interview with one woman
who claimed both she and her mother were told by election officials they
would not be able to fix their ballots after making the mistake.

--
Michael S Czeiszperger | czei AT webperfcenter.com
Web Performance Inc. | http://www.webperfcenter.com