homestead - Re: [Homestead] what we already knew, or guessed

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what we already knew, or guessed
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:06:02 -0800

$1 billion in ethanol subsidies alone! Takes 131,000 BTUs to produce one gallon of ethanol which only produces 77,000 BTUs. Makes perfect sense to me. NOT!

BTW, jsut a note on farm subsidies. Only 10% of those subsidies go to small farms. Almost all go to big corporations and millionaires. Looking, quickly I will admit, at the list of those that got subsidies in 2008, none are Tea Party folks. They would also seem to be split right up the middle as to being Republican and Democrat.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>

And the spent mash is hauled to the feedlots.

Most use coal while some use natural gas.

Due to the nature of ethanol it cannot be pumped through the pipe lines so it must be hauled by truck.

Ethanol is just another give away to the farmers and big oil. All those tea party people that made all the fuss about cutting waste could start by eliminating farm subsidies but to do that will eliminate themselves.