homestead - Re: [Homestead] what we already knew, or guessed

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what we already knew, or guessed
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:04:52 -0600

On 11/23/2010 11:19 AM, Lynda wrote:
They still have to be hauled to the plants.

And the spent mash is hauled to the feedlots.

The processing plants are run on petroleum products.

Most use coal while some use natural gas.

Then the resulting fuel is hauled, by truck which is more petroleum products, to the end use.

Due to the nature of ethanol it cannot be pumped through the pipe lines so it must be hauled by truck.

Ethanol is just another give away to the farmers and big oil. All those tea party people that made all the fuss about cutting waste could start by eliminating farm subsidies but to do that will eliminate themselves.

--
Don Bowen KI6DIU