homestead - Re: [Homestead] That contrail

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] That contrail
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:49:01 -0500

On 11/17/2010 7:31 PM, Lynda wrote:

I think all police forces should have seminars on this. More and more folks have diabetes and more and more people have neuro disorders that cause these Alzheimerish symptoms where they "wander" off.

Step one on any of these should be the SAR dogs because police dogs simply are not all that well trained.

I agree that the police need education. It seems to me that even if they choose or decide that they cannot take action due to the lack of evidence for foul play, that they should not block groups that could help. The CERT team that will be searching tomorrow was actually contacted a week ago, and when they contacted the PD to volunteer their SAR services, the police told them that their services weren't needed because the police had everything under control. I hope that with time we will learn whether or not this offer of help would have truly helped. Community pressure, news stories, etc, has now made the police change their mind...so there was some wrangling going on behind the scenes and suddenly, the CERT team is available to search..

Earlier, I had intended to defend the K9 unit of the CCPD. I am biased I guess since I worked in the same building with them. I know those dogs came from Europe, not trained by Joe Blow, and I know they are good people finding dogs, (as opposed to drug dogs) but just a few moments ago I learned that the CCPD's dogs were specifically 'hot tracking' dogs, trained to find people within 20-30 minutes of their travel through an area. Since those dogs were there on day 2/3, that would explain the lack of hits. They must have alerted on something however, because the detective seemed interested in a few locations that were mentioned,,,,I don't know.

--
EarthNSky Farm 34.498N 85.076W
SISU! (Finnish--There is no single word in English that encompasses