homestead - Re: [Homestead] That contrail

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] That contrail
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:44:25 -0500

I haven't seen it, just read about it. Here lately, for the past week or so anyway, I've been dealing with a lot of theorizing, and frankly, I am about theoried out. If you are a Facebook friend of mine, you already know this, but a friend of mine from our astronomy group is missing. It seems he disappeared off the face of the earth. This is something you hear about on the news or on Unsolved Mysteries, not something you expect to experience with a friend. Keith disappeared last Tuesday the 9th. He had been at my farm the Saturday night/Sunday morning before that. They found his truck two days later, parked at a public park, but there has been no sign of Keith. He has labile type 1 diabetes, and it is possible that he could be in a dissociative fugue related to that. There has been no evidence of foul play. It is frustrating for me because I used to live in that area. My kids played ball at that park and I have fished in the lake there. Tomorrow, the county CERT team, maybe a thousand strong, will be searching for Keith. I hope they find him, for his family's sake, but if they don't, then I think the dissociative fugue theory holds more weight. It is so frustrating...and talk about lame reporting, only one Atlanta station has covered this story, and that coverage has dropped off now. I guess if it doesn't involve a child, a women, or doesn't have a sex and violence angle to it, it just doesn't make the news.