homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ozark place

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ozark place
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 17:32:52 -0700

EarthNSky wrote:
Super deal, Don. It is a very beautiful property and looks to have a lot of potential...Are the outbuildings gonna be big enough for your shop? I know you have a lot of stuff...
And the fun never stops. I have a 24 by 32 foot shop to fill with my woodworking tools and some of the mechanical tools in the large roll away. There is a 32 by 16 leanto on the east side that will be the perfect place to store wood and iron and to have the air compressor and dust collector. The front will be where I plan to put the welding and blacksmithing.

The 16 by 34 foot tractor shed will store the tractor and lawn mower along with the blue pickup, the little crawler, and my antique engines.

Then the fun.... There is a 24 by 24 garage with room in the front for a work bench. I plan to have the garden tools there along with one of my roll away tool boxes and the home repair box.

Then there is the basement. I am hoping we can get the freezer down into the basement. Hopefully we will be able to hire a couple of kids who can manhandle it down. I plan to build shelves and in one corner I want to have a desk for my radios.

I spent the weekend redecking my tandem trailer and taking it to Mojave where I emptied a small trailer I have there. My scattered locations are reduced by 1. Every day after I drop the grandson off at school I go down to storage and load the little pickup as full as I can get it then bring it here where I then go through every box, throwing out junk and repacking. I am about 1 one third through storage.

--
Don Bowen KI6DIU