homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ozark place

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ozark place
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 20:14:42 -0700

EarthNSky wrote:
ROTFL! Couldn't help myself...
Beat around the bush not, go directly for the juggler, yes...lol..

just wondering if I could afford it should I ever need to move. I guess something like that would go for $150-300K, depending on how close it was to town, the condition of the house, the motivation of the seller, and how much year-round water it has.. Land here sells for about 3K an acre, but a good buy closer to town would be 8K/acre. Next to town, towards Hotlanna or 'Nooga you look at 15K/acre or more...and before that bubble burst, all prices were doubled...
Sorry to be rude, Don, just wondering how it compares to here.
It is remote in a very poor county so land is cheaper than elsewhere. We paid $129K for the place but is was listed for $169K before he became motivated to sell.

--
Don Bowen KI6DIU