homestead - Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:24:02 -0700

We sold our place a little too soon but the place we bought up here hasn't been negatively effected by the bubble. In fact, it is worth about $100,000 more than we paid for it. Would be worth $2 or 300,000 more if the bubble hadn't burst but it is still worth quite a bit more than we paid for it.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

When the housing bubble was inflating toward its zenith and inevitable
deflation, so many scoffed at the idea ... bubble-shmubble, never happen!

I sold my city house in July of 2005. I'm glad that I did see the pop
of the bubble. The funds from the sale paid for this place. There was
no real bubble here on rural land, so my place is worth what I paid or
a little more.

I've not been back to the old neighborhood, but similar houses are
selling for 1/3 or less of what they were in 2005. It's sad for those
people that spent money that was not real and now have to pay the
piper. I'm glad I turned that bubble "money" into something real.

Rob - Va