homestead - Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:36:36 -0400

> When the housing bubble was inflating toward its zenith and inevitable
> deflation,  so many scoffed at the idea ... bubble-shmubble, never happen!

I sold my city house in July of 2005. I'm glad that I did see the pop
of the bubble. The funds from the sale paid for this place. There was
no real bubble here on rural land, so my place is worth what I paid or
a little more.

I've not been back to the old neighborhood, but similar houses are
selling for 1/3 or less of what they were in 2005. It's sad for those
people that spent money that was not real and now have to pay the
piper. I'm glad I turned that bubble "money" into something real.

Rob - Va