homestead - Re: [Homestead] Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Jeanne Driese <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:22:29 -0500

Will do..and that two year contract is nothing to take lightly. I'm
worried about it, too. Especially tonight.
So guess what..this evening, we come home and on the answering machine
is a message from a lady who lives 4 miles away on the other side of the
loop. She has big Bellsouth connections and is trying to get DSL out
here, mainly so that my neighbor with Lou Gehrigs disease can stay
connected and communicate with the world. Eleven years here with me
bitching about dialup and ONE DAY after we sign up with Hughesnet,
someone calls with a petition and the pull and the possibility that we
could have DSL before this time next year, construction starting this
summer. And for the record, this money comes not from the Obama
administration, but from a local area charitable organization with
Bellsouth affiliations. Imagine that! It is sad that it takes a
terminal illness in a community for someone to notice a need and hear
cries for help. I can text from one side of my home, but not call or
receive calls...no bars.. The installer said that he would have to place
the dish on the house-that it needs more stability than the DISH
satellites that can be mounted to poles or trees. He says that since we
have DISH he will be able to see the satellite, but I have my doubts
since we just had to move the dish last year. South side of the house is
the back, and I got woods and a huge hill back there. I hope he doesn't
stick a dish on the front of my house.

Jeanne Driese wrote:
Hey Bev, Keep me posted, please. It will be a big cost increase for me and if I find it does not work I would be stuck with a two year contract but I really, really, really dislike dialup!!!! Besides I already have a dish thingy in the front yard where the only view of the Southern sky is available. Not even my cell phone comes in very well at my house, I must sit in a certain direction to get even two bars. It is a good thing I love where I live!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Jeanne From: EarthNSky Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:17 PM To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org Subject: Re: [Homestead] Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ

Bev, who will, as of Friday, be making the big swap to Hughesnet-NO MORE DIALUP!!!

View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead